Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Term 2 week 1

Highlights

It was good to be back at school and in the class room. These two days I was back in the class I finished the term in which was a year 4 class. The big highlight was getting a chance on Wednesday to start the class by myself which is great practice with practicum coming very quickly. I got more experience and practice with taking maths and reading groups also got to help some pieces of writing the children were doing about their holidays. My base class teacher takes singing on a Tuesday afternoon which is good experience and a chance to observe some music. 

Challenges

The big challenge for me was on the Wednesday and starting the class, it was difficult to settle the class down and need to keep working at being a bit tougher and using some different strategies to get the children to settle quicker. It is also difficult at times to complete my weekly tasks as it is very busy at SBL and the teacher I was with was awesome and gave me a lot of opportunity to try things in teaching the children

Learnt

On Wednesday the fire alarm bell went off and I got to see the fire procedure and what that teacher uses. The teacher used a number system where all the children said their number when it was up to their number. I thought this was a quick and efficient system but there was a little hick up with two of the children forgot their number. I explained in the challenges about starting the class and working n strategies to settle the class down I am still learning and working on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment