Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Week 8

This has been the best week so far. So much happened in the two days and plenty of highlights. On Tuesday I was invited to go on a trip to Napier to view the Rocky Shore and the national Aquarium. My highlights on this trip was getting my science interview completed, learning about habitats and learning about field trips. On Wednesday I turn up to my base class and my teacher is taking a choir group. So I got the opportunity to call the roll and read the notices and get the hand writing exercise underway. After lunch break I got to take a PE lesson with my base class which is a year 4 class. This was great as I only had junior classes for PE.

The biggest challenge I had this week was settling down the class and getting the roll done and also getting the handwriting exercise underway. I found this a bit of a challenge because I had no instruction on what they were doing. I have been given more responsibility in my base class with reading groups and this has been good because we are studying literacy at the moment. I am still learning about literacy so taking these groups is a challenge, but I am learning more each time I take these groups.

This week I learnt about the organisation behind setting up field trips. This was a great experience to see what is involved and how prepared you have to be. I have been in this class for three weeks now and I am getting a better view on what a year four class does on a weekly basis. I have been taking my weekly reading groups and still learning about literacy and what to do with the reading groups and how to ask the correct question about the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment