Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Term 2 week2/3

Highlights

I sadly had to leave the year four class I had been in for five weeks and move into a year three class. This is always good to see other teaching styles and different children to work with. The first two weeks in this class has been great and I have seen a different style and different techniques used in the class room. The teacher uses a good weekly system of all sorts of different jobs and the children do them well and are learning some self management skills. This class is doing folk dancing which is really good to see and take part in as I haven't had any experience in dancing.

Challenges

The main challenge for me was completing a running record of my focus student for my 5.01 assignment. This was a challenge because it was my first attempt of doing this and I am confident in how to do this but my speed is slow at this stage. I know with more practice and time I will get faster and more confident.

Learnt

The best part of these two weeks was being invited to a staff meeting that had four teachers performing two different presentations. I really enjoyed these and took lots away with me. The presentations were on getting passive learners involved and how to teach fractions. The teachers had done a lot of research and the half an hour presentations were first class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment