Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Week 6 term 1

This week we have started a new paper and with that comes a change in the classrooms we are observing. I have been placed in a base classroom until the end of this term and this a highlight because I can see how they progress. My base classroom is a year four class and my class for observing maths is a year one class. My first maths observation was great I had to ask a student some questions. I thought that being year one they might not want to answer my questions. I had one student that wanted to answer my questions and she done a fantastic job.

I had some challenges coming into this week as I missed last week due to illness and Mondays class. The challenge I faced was not knowing what we were expected to due or what we were observing this week. This was cleared up with our Tuesday morning meeting with out mentor teacher and lecturer. The next challenge was sorting times out with my base class and my maths observing class to make sure I could see the maths lesson.

I have learnt this week how to be proactive in catching up with the work that I had missed out on. I have learnt some new mathematic techniques with year one students about using number lines. I am also learning the behaviour of year four students and how to talk to them. This is very different as my first five weeks were with mostly junior classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment